This event is fully booked, feel free to sign up for the waiting list.
INVITATION: Thursday March 30th 2023
GEVERS and the Science Park University of Antwerp invite you to join the free seminar on the new European Unitary Patent System.
As you may have heard, 2023 will bring some important changes to the European patent system. June 1st, a new Court, the Unified Patent Court, will come into existence. On top of that, after obtaining a European Patent, it will become possible to request unitary effect and obtain a so-called Unitary Patent (UP). This will offer uniform coverage in, for now, 17 EU Member States, a single renewal fee equivalent to 4 countries to be paid to the EPO, no validation costs, only one translation to be filed and no fee to be paid for the unitary protection application.
These new tools in the patent landscape definitely offer opportunities, however can also present challenges for existing European patent (applications).
In this seminar we will focus on the following questions:
• What is the current situation in the EU for patent protection?
• What is a Unitary Patent (UP)?
• What will change?
• What is the Unified Patent Court (UPC)?
• What will the UPC do?
• Can I be brought before this new Court?
• How will these changes affect my existing patent portfolio?
• How can I prepare for this new system?
Be fully prepared for the new European Unitary Patent System and register now!
• Date: Thursday March 30th 2023
• Time: 8.30 h – 11.30 h, followed by possibility to have a brief 1-on-1 with GEVERS
• Location: Incubator Darwin, Science Park University of Antwerp, Galileilaan 15, Niel
• Participation is free of charge
When you attend this event, you enter an area where photography, audio, and video recording may occur. By entering the event, you consent to such recording media and its release, publication, exhibition or reproduction.